Here we’ll go over some of the implementation details within cinderlib as well as explanations of how we’ve resolved the different issues that arise from accessing the driver’s directly from outside of the cinder-volume service.
Some of the issues cinderlib has had to resolve are:
- Oslo config configuration loading.
- Cinder-volume dynamic configuration loading.
- Privileged helper service.
- DLM configuration.
- Disabling of cinder logging.
- Direct DB access within drivers.
- Oslo Versioned Objects DB access methods such as refresh and save.
- Circular references in Oslo Versioned Objects for serialization.
- Using multiple drivers in the same process.